This self-paced online course covers the general requirements in Article 110 of the National Electrical Code Â®. Article 110 is one of the broadest articles in the NEC, covering general specifications that will apply in addition to the more specific requirements found in later articles.
Students will learn to:
- Explain what is included in the NEC\'s general requirements.
- Identify the use of listed equipment.
- Explain how interrupting ratings and short-circuit current ratings address fault current.
- Explain the concept of "mechanical execution of work".
- Identify the importance of field equipment markings, including:
- Explaining the requirements for indoor and outdoor enclosures.
- Identify requirements for spaces for energized and non-energized equipment.